Sorry I’ve been away for quite a while but I can finally announce that my nonfiction short story is now on amazon kindle for 99p!
I wrote it under the alias of Maggie Crooks because it is very personal and I wanted to protect my family and friends, but all names have been kept out of it. I wanted to tell you all this because I am not ashamed of the content. I simply wanted to protect the people in my book.
It’s all about my battle with depression and I wanted to create mental health awareness as I think that it is still a subject we don’t talk about. I hope you can help me to create awareness and I hope you enjoy it!
Maggie Crooks -The Black Hole in My Mind
Can also find me on wordpress at: maggiecrooksblog.wordpress.com
And on twitter: @crooks_maggie
Now on my Youtube Channel!
Okay, so i know in my TBR post in May I said that I was going to set a goal of reading two books in June…..did I do it?
Unfortunately not, no. 😞
I can’t really say a load of excuses for my reading habit flying out the window recently. If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know that my life has been a bit of a rollercoaster this year. So, for now, reading has taken a back seat. Not forever! Just for the moment.
On a happier note, my creativity is through the roof. I’ve been making videos, drawing, making music, playing The Sims. You could call me a “Create-Maniac” at the moment!
My favourites: Photography, blogging and Drawing! I’ve been loving these three so much!
Blogging and writing have always been so important to me. But, adding photography into the mix has really made me want to take photos of everything! I love it!
Keep Creative! ❤️
Check out my youtube channel!
This is my list of my favourite books, Ever! By my photo you can see that I am a huge Sherrilyn Kenyon fan! I am obsessed! I have also got the complete collection of her work on Kindle as well. Just in case I want to read in the dark 😋
So, my first book on the list will be a Sherrilyn Kenyon book 😋
- Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon – This is no doubt one of my favourites! I could easily put her entire work on my list but it’d be long and I like variation in my blog.
- Normal by Graeme Cameron – This is one of the strangest books in my collection. The main character is the murderer and I actually found myself loving him! I love Normal! Such a good book! I recommend it!
- Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – The entire series had me in a trance and I could NOT put this book down! If you love The Mortal Instruments series try this book!
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Claire – I must admit I haven’t been a fan of the Mortal Instruments but her other series is fantastic! I love the time period, location and the characters are lovable!
- Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens – Of course good old Chevy would be on here! The first book, her debut, had me fixed to each page and sat on the edge of my seat! For more Chevy Stevens information check out my review!
- True Blood by Charlaine Harris – I read the book before I watched the series and I love both! I don’t know how I’ve survived without my True Blood fix each week! But I tell myself, ‘You have the books! Re-read them!’ So, I might just do that!
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell – I know! This book is a little light for me, who loves gore and all things mystical and creepy. Truth is I have a secret…I LOVE period dramas! On the TV and in Literature! Especially soppy love stories! This definately a fave! I fell in love with Mr Thornton! Sorry, I couldn’t help myself! Read it and you’ll see what I mean.
- Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austen – Another soppy romance! Can’t help myself! What can I say I’m a romantic!
- Tempted by the Highland Warrior by Michelle Willingham – Okay, yes, it’s a Mills and Boon! But I like it! Loads of romance, action and men in kilts! Gets a womans heart fluttering!
- Zomb-B by Darren Shan – I really enjoy these books! I read the first one and loved it, so when I saw the next two in The Works I got them! They are waiting to be read, sitting patiently on my book shelf for their turn! If your new to zombie horror have a read of these!
All these books are worth reading and loving! They opened new genres for me and allowed me to explore my taste in books. Which is quite varied! I didn’t realise I loved period dramas until I read North and South! I never knew my love of mythology would lead me to Sherrilyn Kenyon! The amount of writers and books in the world is so vast that you should make the time to explore! Explore and experience!
As always thank you for your support! ❤️ Happy Reading!